What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?

Pages: (14): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 11 12 13 » Last »
Poll: Do you think Patchou sold out giving Messenger Plus! Live to Yuna Software?
Yes
No
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?
Author: Message:
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?
quote:
Originally posted by traxor

Stats tell a different story.
That just means less and less people are needing help with Plus!, so Plus! must just be getting better and better :zippy:
[Image: jumbled.png]
01-18-2010 09:48 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

I know that forum stats don't necessarily count but the more users of plus! there are, the more problems people have with it - that includes ridiculous problems.

I'm sure that if you compare the statistics of Plus! downloads against the statistics of Plus! Forum members, there will be a correlation.
01-18-2010 10:09 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Cookie, I don't mean any offence by this...
Non taken...
quote:
...but I really think you're in denial.
I sure am not though.
(and you can check that out yourself by reading the private beta forum where I was the first to report a verifyable issue with the current version)

The big difference is, I try to not base my findings on here-say, assumptions, personal opinions or other speculations that are on their turn based upon personal feelings or stuff that is either irrelevant or completely taken out of context or taken out of thin air.
eg: those forum stats

I'll judge Yuna Software on the things we can check and verify without bias, combined with common sense. Not on the mass hysteria where people construct paranoid conspiracy theories and jump to conclussions because they do not know, or not read, the information at hand.

As such I certainly do not deny that there are some problems. But I will not join this mass hysteria and doom-thinking, nor state personal feelings and opinions for facts.

This post was edited on 01-19-2010 at 05:21 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-18-2010 11:11 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Stats tell a different story.
Forum stats aren't software users stats. I've seen the actual numbers.

quote:
I'm sure that if you compare the statistics of Plus! downloads against the statistics of Plus! Forum members, there will be a correlation.
Nope. Well, maybe, afterall, the registered forum user count is still going up too :p.

This post was edited on 01-18-2010 at 11:21 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
01-18-2010 11:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Did, in your honest opinion, Patchou sell out?
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
I think that no real announcement has been made because the new owners still want everyone to think patchou is still in charge.
Definitely giving that one a thumbs up. As I said in my previous post, I think that Yuna Software will be less personal, so by them making people think that Patchou is in charge or at least have a massive say in the software, people will remain as loyal to it.

I've said it before, I'd love to see the conversion rates of the Messenger Plus! and Messenger Plus! Forum sites (the former being click-through then download and the latter being click-through, register then post) - I'm sure it's decreasing. Though that's for another day entirely.

Exactly. What other reason is there to not make an announcement on the forum about it? There is no other reason other then the company still wants everyone to think patchou is in charge.

I read somewhere that patchou can't even talk about the full details because it's against the contract.

Make this thread should be directed to the people at Yuna Software so show them that we know about what has happened.
01-19-2010 12:35 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
I read somewhere that patchou can't even talk about the full details because it's against the contract.
Yes, that is 'old' news. So what's your point?

Like I said before, almost every contract, especially contracts involving business sales, have a NDA. There is absolutely nothing abnormal about it.

And there is also no coverup in any way. Go troll somewhere else if you don't care about how the real world actually functions.

This post was edited on 01-19-2010 at 05:23 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-19-2010 12:45 AM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Like I said before, almost every contract, especially contracts involving business sales, have a NDA. There is absolutely nothing abnormal about it.
granted most contract will ban any talk of money and terms etc, not very many ban people from announcing/telling the users about the sale.

before you say its on his blog, how many people actually know about his blog? and possibly more important where would an average user expect to find details/news on a piece of software. The software's website/forum, or a personal blog of the (old) owner......

This post was edited on 01-19-2010 at 01:14 AM by toddy.
01-19-2010 12:55 AM
andrey
elite shoutboxer

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
What's your point?

And there is also no coverup in any way. Go troll somewhere else if you don't care about how the real world actually functions.

Oh come on, this discussion is getting ridiculous. All we want is a post by Patchou either explaining that he can't give any more details about the sale because of the contract or announcing when/if he can go into a bit more detail about it. 8-)

Tbh what disappoints me atm is that I would have expected something more personal (an announcement directed at the forum, on the forum) than the post on his blog.

I won't jump to conclusions at this point though, maybe he's just gone on a surprise vacation :zippy:

This post was edited on 01-19-2010 at 01:03 AM by andrey.
[Image: w2kzw8qp-sq2_dz_b_xmas.png]
01-19-2010 01:00 AM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by andrey
I won't jump to conclusions at this point though, maybe he's just gone on a surprise vacation :zippy:
surprise vacation
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
01-19-2010 01:13 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
quote:
I think that no real announcement has been made because the new owners still want everyone to think patchou is still in charge.
Definitely giving that one a thumbs up. As I said in my previous post, I think that Yuna Software will be less personal, so by them making people think that Patchou is in charge or at least have a massive say in the software, people will remain as loyal to it.

I've said it before, I'd love to see the conversion rates of the Messenger Plus! and Messenger Plus! Forum sites (the former being click-through then download and the latter being click-through, register then post) - I'm sure it's decreasing. Though that's for another day entirely.
Yeah, that's so true 8-) He just made a 4 pages blog post about Messenger Plus! to break that 8-)
01-19-2010 01:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (14): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 11 12 13 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: